Thursday, August 23, 2012

Tidy Towns Regional Awards 2012

Being the youth rep on the West Arthur Tidy Towns Committee means I was privileged enough to attend the Regional Awards for the Great Southern and South Coast on the 10th of August!

The awards were help in the sports complex in Darkan this year, and our team did an amazing job of transforming the place, with heaps of colourful displays and great food!

Because West Arthur was a national finalist in the competition last year, I didn't think we would have much luck this year, but amazingly, after not winning any category awards, we won the overall "Tidiest Town" for the Great Southern region! This means we will go to Perth again this year for the State Awards in November.

Not only did we win overall, we also received a Special Commendation for the Youth Advisory Committee! Because I am a YAC member myself, I was privileged to recieve the award on behalf of the committee.    

It was a really good day, I got to meet lots of new people and of course feel really proud to be part of  the YAC and West Arthur Tidy Towns Committee and to live in such a wonderful place!

With Terry Waldron and the award for the YAC
West Arthur Tidy Towns Committee

By the way, today I'm linking up to my first link party over at Hubby Made Me. I linked up my Wall Art project I completed in February. You should link up too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...