Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Photo A Day October: Part 1

November is here... already! Can you believe it's nearly the end of the year? Christmas? I don't want to believe it.



In October, after months of procrastinating, I finally took part in Fat Mum Slim's A Photo A Day Challenge. I was really good at the start and took a photo every day and shared it on my Facebook page. Then, the holidays finished, life went back to normal and I struggled to keep up. Seriously, I sucked at it. I don't think I have shared a photo on my Facebook page since the 11th of October. And I missed every second day. Still, I want to share with you! After all, I promised I would... It was hard, some prompts had me wanting to take 10 pictures and other prompts I struggled to find a photo at all...

I promised I would share my photos here with you all at the end of the month. So here they are! Not all of them though because truthfully, I didn't get around to taking all of them. But here are the first 12 days of October in photos (none missing)... the rest of the month will be coming soon!

DAY 1 - WHERE I STOOD


I (proudly) stood on the freshly swept floor in the dining room that I swept before Jeff, Anella and Grace payed us a visit. It was good to see them again because we hadn't caught up in quite some time. Also, this day was a big one for the blog - I gained lots of likers and kind words thru my new Facebook page. (Excuse my weird feet!)

DAY 2 - LUNCHTIME


Noemie prepared lunch for us on this day.  It was pasta with a creamy sauce and then we even got dessert! At lunchtime. Something to get excited about! It was yum.

DAY 3 - THIS HAPPENED TODAY


We went to Bunbury and my old handbag was about to fall to bits, so, as sad as it was to leave such a great handbag, I love my new handbag that I purchased from Strandbags. (Once again, excuse my weird pose!)


DAY 4 - WHAT I READ

I read the oh-so-kind words Britni from Hubby Made Me wrote about my Quote Art project that got featured on her blog as part of the Throwback Thursday linky party. My project received the most views at the party that week! I was very, very happy!

DAY 5 - SHADOW


Nothing fancy - just the shadows across the road when we were driving home from town. This for me though, is something I see, and love seeing, everyday.

DAY 6 - I'M THANKFUL FOR

 

I don't want to boast, but I think it was pretty cool how I managed to combine two of the things I am most thankful for in one picture. These are: my friends (in the background), I mean they are friends and I think we're all thankful for friends! Besides, we had a great weekend together this weekend. The other thing is water. Heaps thankful for water! Especially on hot days, and this day was quite hot for early October.

DAY 7 - LIGHT


This was the last of the sunlight before it disappeared beyond the horizon.

DAY 8 - ANGLE



A photo of our friendly cows taken from a pretty cool angle. I waited patiently for a long time until they came up close enough. I love how interested cows get! Sorry about the bad quality, though. This picture was taken in the evening because I spent all day thinking of what I could take a picture of. Then mum reminded me that the photo didn't have to be of a right angle or an obtuse angle or an acute angle, it could be a photo taken from a different angle!

DAY 9 - RED


The game of Scattergories has a red box! It is one of my favourite board games, and on this particular day, after months of hibernation, we broke out the box and unleashed the fun! Needless to say, I never get the most points, but I still love it so very much!

DAY 10 - EMOTION


This was my littlest sister, Odette, cutting her birthday cake. She turned 10 (double digits) and doesn't she look so happy looking at that cake (and being 10?)

DAY 11 - CLOSE UP


I didn't see the prompt for this day until later in the afternoon, so my creativity was limited, but this is a close-up of the a big mural across from the beach in Bunbury. We went to Bunbury to go to the cinema for Odette's birthday treat... and it was a very happy day!

DAY 12 - ON THE TABLE


Lots of craft projects were on the table on this day (not like that's unusual). In Bunbury, I bought lots of materials needed for some projects I have been working on. The results will be revealed soon!

And that wraps up Part 1 of my A Photo A Day photos for October... the rest will be coming soon (hopefully!) Did you take part too? Or maybe you're going to give November a go? Well, then you're more dedicated than me! I think I'll wait until December to give it another go... (just wait until you see how many photos are missing from later in October)!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That's my blog on your laptop! I feel so special, and you are way too sweet :) That just totally made my night! And look how cute you are with your new bag. This is such a fun post, Sophie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...