Sunday, September 9, 2012

For The Love of Progress

Progress is definitely something I love to hear... even if it is minimal. Sorry to those who were expecting a big surprise, this ain't it, but it's nearly as good considering we haven't done much at all to Wattle Cottage over the past 6 months.

Remember when I told you what we had in mind for the master bedroom? We didn't have much idea a few weeks ago but now, I'm pleased to report progress. At this moment in time, it's mostly in my head... But we did clear the room and rip up the carpet so that now the room looks like this...



And not this....




But that means the living room is looking like this...



And the kitchen like this....

Oh yeah, and I still look like this...

Anyway, yay for some progress! We even went to Bunnings to check out the paint samples, but we have yet to decide what we want to do. The same as the 3rd bedroom/living room, or something different? Something bold or something subtle? Aaagh!

Now to the part about the progress in my head. We have come up with how we want the room to fit together, the furniture etc. It's in my head (pretty much), so we don't have any pics, but  we are looking at putting a bench seat along one wall! Consider me excited, very excited. I have always dreamt of having a bench seat.

I'm imagining it to be sort of like the one in Dale and Sophie's house on the Block.
Only our room is bigger so hopefully it won't be as squishy, ours will be made from IKEA benches (easy option gets my vote) and one end will have a small (60cm wide, 50cm depth) wardrobe.

Sophie and Dale's Guest Bedroom

Did you watch the Block 2012 (the photo above is from the Block website)? Who were your favourite contestants? I loved Dale and Sophie, and still read Sophie's blog every now and then, check it out here yourself.

Not meaning to steer myself off topic, we've finally ordered wallpaper off Ebay for the pink and red bedroom as I like to call it. I can't wait for it to arrive! Check out what we ordered right here.

There's a wrap-up of our minimal, but exciting (to me anyhow) progress.

Oh yeah, and before I go, thanks to everyone for stopping by and saying such nice things! It means a lot to me.

Did I mention I also linked up my Strawberry Muffins to Make It Pretty Monday? On the topic of baking, I made some delicious Apple and Spice muffins for the primary school sports carnival P&C stall on Friday. I was kinda disappointed they all sold cause I was looking forward to having a few more later cause they were yummy... if you want to see what I wore to the carnival (and heaps more outfits) check out my Fashion Diary.

Have a good weekend everyone, and I'll leave you at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...