Monday, December 3, 2012

O' Christmas Tree

















 


The 1st of December marks the day we put up our Christmas Tree. This year was no different to any other. Apart from the fact that I cleaned and rearranged the whole living room and made everyone put on nice(r) clothes so that we could get photos for the blog.

Our tree is by no means something that would come out of a magazine. It's not themed nor minimalistic. It's a combination of years gone by and the sort of tree I have grown up with. It has character and meaning. There is an arrangement of ornaments home-made or acquired over the years.There was no worrying if something wasn't quite right. It was lots of fun to put up and to decorate. There was a little boy who was so proud to put the star at the top. There are no lights because they were too muddled up (okay, that was a bit disappointing, because I love nothing more than coming home at night to see a Christmas tree twinkling in the window). But I think it's perfect.

It's our Christmas Tree! Happy December everyone! Have you put up your Christmas tree? What's it like?

P.S. By the way the tinsel and garlands are wrapped around together, I am not looking forward to taking the tree down! Let's make this Christmas season last as long as possible :)

P.P.S. Expect lots of Christmas posts within the next few days... everything from DIY gift ideas, to a pretty much free elf costume DIY, to Christmas recipes, to a few guest posters right here! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! I think the tree looks great with all the tinsel! :D I'd love for you to follow my blog as I'm now following you...

    www.thissoutherngirlsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...