Wednesday, November 21, 2012

An Interview with Serendipity's 4th Daughter


As a blogger (it is so cool to call myself that!), I love nothing more than reading other blogs and finding new blogs to read. Introduce Angela from Serendipity's 4th Daughter (awesomely cool blog name, am I correct?). I stumbled across her blog from another blog and immediately knew I had to email her. Which is what I did. We exchanged emails and when Angela suggested we do an interview for each others blogs, I loved the idea!

Fast forward a few weeks, and here is the interview from the amazing Angela!


What is your blog to you? When and why did you start blogging? Will you ever stop? 

Reason I want to blog: to be more creative & share it with others. My blog is/want it to be is a space where I can just be me and share my creativity and photography. I started my blog less than a year ago but I’ve been stocking other people’s blogs for almost two years. I started it so I can share the photo’s I took/take with my new camera. I love the community and all the cool stuff and people you get to meet/stock. I’ll probably take breaks through out my blogging career but I think it’ll be part of the blogging world for as long as I can look at pretty stuff.

How did you get into photography? 

I’ve always been into photography, I got into it more when I took a beginning photography class at my high school, and was using a point and shoot camera with less than 3 pixels, I really enjoyed the class but was frustrated with my tools. My brother in-law had a Nikon slr camera that he’d let me use every once in a while and that’s how I knew the kind of camera I wanted and I also started learning how to use a slr camera. Now it’s my hobby and passion, I love it because I can capture the everyday moments and see all the good in this world/my life.

What is your biggest dream?  

To be married in the temple for time and eternity. (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint Temple).  There’s this saying I found it said “She turned her can’ts into cans, and her dreams into plans.” It’s not only a dream but a plan for me.

What is your favorite outfit combination at the moment?  

My favorite outfit combination at the moment is skinny jeans, a t-shirt, a chunky warm sweater and, comfy socks with boots (hunters). Right now I just want to be comfortable and warm.

If you could be anyone in the whole entire world, who would you be, and why? 

I remember when I was a little kid I would see kids at the park and other place’s and wish I could have their life their family and then I’d be happy or something. I didn’t even know these kids…I didn’t even know there name. I always wished for something different, to have an adventure… like a book. But as I think more about all the things/blessings I have I’m so fortunate to have such an amazing life full of opportunities and choices. As I try to pick someone it’d probably have to be one of the March sisters from Little Women, or someone from a make-believe story, or maybe Emma Watson, she seems pretty great!

Who inspires you? Do you have a favorite inspirational blogger, family member/ friend or worldwide superstar? 

 This is a hard decision because there are so many great and inspiring bloggers out there, but I’d have to pick CarlottaCisternas/Pastors Girls Ponderings. She illustrates everything so beautifully through her photography and her writing. She inspires me to try harder at writing and photography and want to enjoy every single simple moment in life.

Which is your favorite season and why? 

 Favorite season is autumn. I love stepping on leaves, and especially the smell and the brisk air and wind. 

Name your three favorite songs of all time. 

Music is such a huge part of my life it’s hard to pick my favorites of all time, but here is a couple I’m enjoying currently. Don’t Leave Me – Regina Spektor. Ghost – Casey Abrams. I Knew You Were Trouble – Taylor Swift.  50 ways to say goodbye – Train. Firewood – Regina Spektor, (Basically anything by Regina Spektor and Taylor Swift).

What would a perfect night be for you? 

Sitting by the fire, reading a good book in silence, with the lights turned down, with some toast in there too. Maybe some snow falling outside. Also I’d be wearing socks…

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? 

 I really want to travel. So really anywhere, states… international… I’d love it all; I really want to go to London. One of my good friends is living there currently and it’s so beautiful (lots to photograph)! 

What is your favorite quote?

“Things to worry about:

Worry about courage
Worry about cleanliness
Worry about efficiency
Worry about horsemanship

Things not to worry about:

Don’t worry about popular opinion
Don’t worry about dolls
Don’t worry about the past
Don’t worry about future
Don’t worry about growing up
Don’t worry about anybody getting ahead of you
Don’t worry about triumph
Don’t worry about failure unless it comes through your own fault
Don’t worry about mosquitoes
Don’t worry about flies
Don’t worry about insects in general
Don’t worry about parents
Don’t worry about boys
Don’t worry about disappointments
Don’t worry about pleasures
Don’t worry about satisfaction”

                -- F. Scott Fitzgerald, letter to his 11 year old daughter (1933)


Thank-you for letting me interview you Angela! Now, hop on over to Angela's blog, check it out and leave a comment! We all love to get comments, so don't be scared to say hi!  You will not be disappointed with her blog. Besides, her photography is amazing. And you'll also be able to see my interview :) ... it'll be up soon!

Until next time, keep smiling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...